Friday, July 07, 2006

first day out

it was my first day out today
the plan was to go play some snooker early evening
then get a few drinks and go to a disc or something

and then i needed to wait for a friend
who couldn't stop working for no apparent reason
so i missed the snooker plans
instead we decided to go for a movie
but then that too didn't happen, sold out
we then went to a thai restaurant for dinner
nice place, good food
overall, good time !

work was interesting
there were two code red issues in something that wasn't related to me
and my boss decided I'd be the one paying attention to it
luckily for me, i did get one fixed
and the other was not reproducible
was satisfied nevertheless

tried catching up with things on the internet
read a few friends' blogs and a few news websites
nothing interesting to keep me occupied for longer than five minutes

provided entertainment to a few local drunk kids
as they decided to take my case and that of my origin
apparently its the common means of entertainment to the likes of these kids
i guess us taking away their jobs isn't too pleasant

time to sleep and the laptop battery is almost out

2 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger munch ;) said...

In the last edition of Reader's digest there was a post by someone which said -->
When I was a kid my parents used to tell me, "Don't waste your food, people in India and China are starving", now I tell my kids,"Do your homework, poeple in India and China are starving for your jobs" .

:)

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Pragya said...

The way I remember the story is:
"When I was a kid my parents used to tell me, don't waste your food, kids in India are starving. Now they tell me, do your homework otherwise the kids in India will get your jobs and you'll be starving."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home